Today we honor Presidents Day, the American Federal holiday dedicated to honoring our first president, George Washington, and our 16th president, Abraham Lincoln. These two foundational leaders have helped to shape the twin values of democracy and equality that have made America shine brightly in the global landscape.
For those of us with a vested interest in air travel, whether for work or play, the holiday brings to mind the time of year when airports are especially lively with travelers trying to take advantage of the extra day or week off from work and school. We hope you’re escaping to somewhere warm and tropical!
Some recommended reading for Presidents Day:
- A Washington Post article highlighting the most underrated presidents in American history
- Arts and crafts tips, including instructions for making a pretzel log cabin, and Abraham Lincoln finger puppets
- Fun and little-known facts about America’s presidents
- Freaky secrets of the Presidency
- Who was the first president to fly on official business in an airplane?
What are your plans for Presidents Day? Are you traveling with us or maybe just daydreaming about it? If so, where are you headed (or where would you like to be heading)?