The JetBlue Swing for Good Golf Classic and Bid For Good online auction, are the airline’s biggest charitable fundraisers of the year. Over the past five years, these initiatives have raised much needed funds for a variety of our charitable partners.
For the fifth anniversary of our annual campaign, our business partners, customers and crewmembers join together to play golf and bid online for one-of-a-kind items with the proceeds benefitting two worthy community organizations. Since 2009, the Swing For Good and Bid For Good efforts have raised more than $1.5 million for several nonprofit partners. Last year JetBlue raised$420,000 benefiting KaBOOM! and PBS Kids. This year’s recipients are KaBOOM! And First Book!
The Swing For Good Golf Classic is taking place today at Bethpage State Golf Course in Bethpage, NY. The Bid for Good online auction, powered by Charity Buzz, will run until October 16. Customers can visit charitybuzz.com/jetbluebidforgood to bid on a wide range of exclusive items including luxurious all-inclusive JetBlue Getaways vacation packages, access to VIP sporting events, signed memorabilia and other one-of-a-kind experiences.
Don’t miss out on your chance to bid for your favorite items, including opportunities to:
- Name a character in best-selling author James Patterson’s new book
- Serve as grounds keeper for a day for the Boston Red Sox and help the grounds crew prepare the field before a game
- Throw the ceremonial first pitch at a 2014 regular season Boston Red Sox game
- Participate in a flight training experience at JetBlue University complete with tutoring by one of JetBlue’s professional flight instructors
- Experience a JetBlue Getaways package – Five days/Four night stay at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Attend a table read for “The Simpsons” animated TV show, and much more!
Learn more about our Corporate and Social Responsibility: http://www.jetblue.com/corporate-social-responsibility/