JetBlue crewmembers volunteered more than 50,000 hours last year. And last month, more than 260 crewmembers were honored for providing over 100 hours of community service and volunteerism at our Third Annual Community Connection Awards & Recognition dinner in Salt Lake City. This once again proves that or crewmembers bringing our ‘Inspiring Humanity’ message to life! The reception celebrated the Crewmembers who continuously inspire humanity throughout their local communities, and work together to give back.
- Seven individual winners from our workgroups and support centers received $1,000 grants for the charities of their choice.
- $10,000 was awarded to Seattle, Long Beach, JFK and Salt Lake City crewmembers for the charities of their choice.
- In total, JetBlue donated $48,000 to continue to support nonprofits important to our crewmembers.
A sampling of volunteer initiatives:
- Seattle crewmembers have done a tremendous amount of volunteerism both as a station and as individual Crewmembers. They have “greened” their neighborhoods, participated in reading events and organized walks in their terminal. The SEA team also does a terrific job of supporting their USO in terminal. Their enthusiasm for bettering their community never ceases and they inspire humanity every day!
- Our Long Beach, CA inspired our onboard recycling program. This BlueCity worked tirelessly to support youth in the Long Beach area as they volunteered for the local Special Olympics, partnered with a foster care agency to give children in need of some TLC with a great holiday party and walked to raise awareness for Lupus.
- JFK crewmembers executed our inaugural Blue Horizons for Autism event with Autism Speaks in September, worked with numerous aviation schools to provide a behind the scenes look at JetBlue operations and has one of our strongest teams for Walks for a Cure.
- Salt Lake City crewmembers logged more than half of all hours logged in 2013. This Support Center put together a quarter of all JetBlue Sweet Cases donated in 2013, logged more than half of all hours and has 125 Presidential Volunteer Service Award Winners