June is National Safety Month, an initiative of the National Safety Council intended to provide an opportunity to increase awareness of safety and health. For us, National Safety Month is every month, but throughout the month of June in particular, it’s the perfect time to reinforce our commitment to safe operations.
After all, safety is our number one value!
Check out the below tips for living more safely that we’ll be sharing with our crewmembers throughout the month:
- Create a preparedness kit (suggested list of items at Ready.gov)
- Eat superfoods, or choose to consume items rich with lean protein, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants (think berries, fish, oatmeal, nuts)
- Install and check smoke detectors, carbon monoxide protectors fire extinguishers
- Stay active in whatever small and fun ways are sustainable for you
- Stay on top of recommended preventive medical tests and screenings
- Hydrate, hydrate hydrate (particularly with summer upon us)
- Devote your full attention when driving
- Be mindful of your body motion to maximize good ergonomics (lift, sit and stretch safely)
- Wear appropriate footwear for the weather and the surfaces you’re walking on
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
Have a safe month!