We’re making traveling even easier with the introduction of mobile boarding. Customers in eight of our largest cities can now download electronic boarding passes onto their cell phones using the newly re-launched version 2.0 of the JetBlue mobile app and save time and paper at check-in, security, and during the boarding process.
Mobile Boarding Passes now available for those traveling from:
- Boston (BOS)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LGB)
- New York (JFK)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Juan (SJU)
You can now take advantage of mobile boarding by downloading the new 2.0 version of our app onto their iPhone or iPod touch devices and check in for your flights. Each paperless boarding pass is displayed as an encrypted two-dimensional barcode along with customer and flight information that TSA security officers can scan to validate the authenticity of the boarding pass at the checkpoint. Present the same digital pass at the gate for streamlined boarding. Those who purchase Even More Speed, our expedited security offering, will see that reflected prominently on your mobile device to fly through security at the airport. We plan to add this new feature to its Android app in the coming months.
In addition to mobile boarding, our newly refreshed 2.0 app includes:
- The ability to search for and book flights using TrueBlue points
- Timetables to view flight schedules
- Maps to help find your way through many of our terminals
- Updated city guides to learn about the hotspots at your destination and check the hourly and daily weather forecasts
- A revamped postcard tool with new customization options and new downloadable iPhone wallpapers of JetBlue’s iconic tailfin patterns
We plan to expand mobile boarding capabilities to additional cities in our network and on multiple electronic devices throughout 2013. Additional information about our new digital offerings can be found on jetblue.com/mobile.