January 31, 2013

New Benefits to the JetBlue Card from American Express!

And a brand new look!

Spring and Summer travel is around the corner. With destinations like Cartagena, Samaná, Charleston and Medellin, to name a few, and more than 750 daily flights, we’re happy to fly you to your destination of choice.

We’re pleased to announce new benefits we’re adding to the JetBlue Card from American Express. Starting today, JetBlue Cardmembers can enjoy the benefits of:

1.     A statement credit for 50% off select inflight purchases such as movies, meals and cocktails with your Card.*

2.     A $50 statement credit each year you purchase a JetBlue Getaways vacation package with your Card.*

Each statement credit will appear 6-8 weeks after the eligible transaction is posted to your card account.

Cardmembers also earn up to 8 TrueBlue® points per dollar of eligible purchases made directly with JetBlue.  Here’s how: You’ll get 6 points from JetBlue for purchasing Getaways packages and for booking flights on jetblue.com and an additional 2 points for using your Card. Plus, earn one TrueBlue® point per dollar of other eligible purchases.*

Get 20,000 TrueBlue points after you spend $1,000 with your Card in your first 3 months of Card membership. Plus, a $0 introductory annual fee for the 1st year, then $40.

Apply for a JetBlue Card from American Express today!

*Terms and conditions apply. See www.americanexpress.com/jetblue for details.

Posted by in Customers, Partners | Permalink | 13 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

13 Comments on “New Benefits to the JetBlue Card from American Express!”

• Posted by sheila bertsch on January 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I already have an jet blue amex will this replace that one

• Posted by Christine Fowler on January 31, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I have been a True Blue member for years and also have the Jet Blue Credit card.. I am NOT happy with the “new” program. I was MUCH happier with blackout dates & being able to fly anywhere Jet Blue Flies. The new program ( few years old now) is NOT as good.. too much involved in finding the flight.. It does not seem to be nearly as good.. Having to pay an annual fee is not good either. The points also take too long to accumulate. Overall, I am going to use up my points & research a new Credit Card for a better value. SADLY disapointed !!!!!

• Posted by Pamela Rosengard on January 31, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Take that all you other airlines, I love jet blue!!!!!! And thank you jet blue for always thinking of us passengers and card members….

• Posted by JetBlue on January 31, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Yes Sheila, you’ll receive the new card and benefits that come with it.

• Posted by JetBlue on January 31, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Hi Christine,

We’re sorry you’re not happy with the new program. While our TrueBlue offerings are generally well-received, we’re constantly innovating and adding new ways of earning points and making it easier for our customers. With our new program you can use points to fly anywhere Jetblue flies and we’re also forming new airline partnerships to earn and redeem points with. Our credit card has always had the $40 annual fee and now we have the offer for first year free, and with the new benefits we’re hoping we only improve the experience of the card. You still earn 2x points with JetBlue and 1x point everywhere else so you can earn TrueBlue points in your everyday spending.

• Posted by Carol Weinberg on January 31, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I have had the AMEX card since the beginning and enjoyed the pts accrued especially the 2x pts for restaurants, sporting events, tkts for plays; this has now been taken away, the # of points needed for a flight has skyrocketed; to accumulate pts for a flight to Aruba would require spending over $40,000 dollars to get 40,000 pts to fly one way; I too will be using up my pts and credit balance and will use other cc going forward

• Posted by Carol Weinberg on January 31, 2013 at 11:41 pm

sorry I typed in the wrong email address; the correct one is above

• Posted by Carol Weinberg on January 31, 2013 at 11:42 pm

sorry again the email should end in .com not .con

• Posted by Joel on February 1, 2013 at 10:07 am

I agree with Christine. I have told countless people in the past to sign up for the now “old” program. The new program is no different than many comparable airlines. I will be moving to Venture.

I am a long and loyal JetBlue flier but have to reconsider. The changes for longstanding members does seem worth it anymore.

• Posted by Nick on February 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

I am NOT happy about this either. This is an obvious push to the Getaways program, leaving long term customers who have had the card out. This is a terrible idea and is the only program I’ve seen started or changed that didn’t go through the JetViews surveys. I’m not surprised people are so upset about it. JetBlue, you are an airline. Why are you trying to be a travel agent, and trying to force your airplane-riding customers who have been with you from the beginning to buy your vacation packages?

• Posted by floydthebarber on February 1, 2013 at 10:38 am

Yes, to sum up: airline great; card terrible. There are many better cards available. Unless I was travelling at least monthly on JetBlue (I guess some are), those cards are even better when purchasing JB tickets. Oh well…

• Posted by Mike on February 1, 2013 at 10:24 pm

yeah, my post of course did not get posted because it was a criticism….THANKS. this forum is then pointless.

• Posted by JetBlue on February 2, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for landing here! We didn’t see your original comment come through. We review all submitted comments and publish everything that follows our respectful comment guidelines. Please feel free to post again, and we’ll review it. Our comment guidelines can be found at: http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/about-bluetales-blog/