December 17, 2012

Coming Together in a Time of Need

Our hearts go out to the victims and their families of the tragic incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Many of our crewmembers and customers live in Connecticut and surrounding areas and we mourn the loss along with the Newtown community and the world.

We are grateful to those who stepped forward with offers and ideas to help those most impacted. We’ve received a variety of requests, including for flights and sending letters, and we’ve been working directly with the extended families to assist in any way that we’re able and will continue to do so. If you know of family members in need of travel assistance, you can have them call us directly at 1-800-JETBLUE.

If you’d like to donate your TrueBlue points to the United Way of Western Connecticut or any other organization – to turn your points into dollars to make a financial donation to the charity of your choice – please check out our TrueGiving program at: http://bit.ly/truegiving.

Our thoughts remain with those most impacted by the tragic events.

Posted by in Community | Permalink | 7 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

7 Comments on “Coming Together in a Time of Need”

• Posted by Carole on December 17, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Well done on the letters, jetBlue. If I ever have a choice in airlines, it will be jetBlue.

• Posted by Andy Pham on December 17, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Great JOB on the letters to Noah Family. I will fly jetBlue on my next trip..

• Posted by Tony Perez on December 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm

The family of Emilie Parker needs help with moving her body from Newtown to UT for burial. Please reach out to their LDS bishop at (203) 270-7684

• Posted by Robert Kobylarz on December 18, 2012 at 2:58 am

Thank you Jet Blue for you help with delivery all letters on time.

You just earn new costumer for life as long as you fly where I need to go I will be on a board of your planes.

Robert Kobylarz
    Henderson Nv

• Posted by Jason Low on December 18, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I’m in Canada, but I occasionally travel to/thru the USA. If I ever have need to use an American air carrier, I now know which one I will choose.

• Posted by JetBlue on December 19, 2012 at 10:04 am

Thanks Robert!

• Posted by JetBlue on December 19, 2012 at 10:04 am

Hi Tony,

We’ve been in touch with and have been working with the family.