December 14, 2012

Flight 1327

JetBlue Flight 1327
Boston (BOS) to Baltimore (BWI)
Scheduled time of departure: 6:00 p.m.
Actual time of departure: 5:52 p.m.
Scheduled time of arrival: 7:37 p.m.
Actual time of arrival: 7:26 p.m.

Initial reports indicate that Flight 1327 with 91 customers and 4 crew en route from Boston to Baltimore experienced a mechanical issue onboard. The captain elected to declare an emergency upon arrival into BWI, where the aircraft landed safely and was met by local emergency response vehicles. Customers were evacuated and safely escorted to the terminal.  No major injuries have been reported.

Posted by in Customers | Permalink | 20 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

20 Comments on “Flight 1327”

• Posted by Matt Wilson on December 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Sounds as if another profesional decision was made and carried out by the crew of my favorite air carrier…safety always a top concern. After the rest of the “top news” of today its great to hear a happy ending to a possible bad situation…GREAT job Flight 1327 Crew!!!

• Posted by Ryan Fox-Romaine on December 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Well done Flight crew of Flight 1327!!! I second the comments posted by Matt Wilson, enough “sad news” was held already today and I am glad to see a positive outcome in this situation. JetBlue is a favorite air carrier of mine and continues to be!

• Posted by adaj on December 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Thank you Lord…That why I am a 100% Jet Blue fans…We are in good hands.

• Posted by Mia on December 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Jet Blue always puts safety first. Good flying.

• Posted by Michael Abramson on December 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I third the comments made by Matt Wilson. Even with the incident which occurred on a JetBlue flight in the Los Angeles area where the landing gear turned upon take off, and the incident on the flight from JFK to Las Vegas when the captain had a meltdown on board, JetBlue’s crew without fails reacts swiftly and intelligently when in a difficult situation. They ensure the safety of the passengers first. JetBlue should be very proud of the crew of Flight 1327 as well as the crew on the two other flights mentioned in this post. This is why JetBlue is my carrier of choice

• Posted by Blanca on December 14, 2012 at 10:36 pm

My favorite airline good job guys

• Posted by Blanca on December 14, 2012 at 10:37 pm

My favorite airline great job guys

• Posted by Maura Murphy on December 14, 2012 at 10:40 pm

JetBlue Rules!!!!

• Posted by Scott on December 14, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for being forthcoming with the updates. JetBlue has come a long way. Glad everyone is okay and thanks to the pilots for a safe landing.

• Posted by cynthia on December 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I have never flown JetBlue but they always seem to put the safety of their customers above all else…awesome!

• Posted by Eric on December 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Well done JB, reaffirming why I fly with you. However, what does ‘no majory injuries’ mean, and what precisely happened? Care to share?

• Posted by ruth rappley on December 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm

we are in good hands with jet blue thank you

• Posted by Sharon Curtis on December 14, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Way to go, Jet Blue! Sounds like you handled what COULD have been a dangerous situation with skill. This is one reason we choose to book with you,&put our confidence in Jet Blue’s crew..

• Posted by Nancy on December 15, 2012 at 5:15 am

I would like give high praises to the ground crew in Baltimore, they did an outstanding job. I was on the flt that would have used that plane to return to Boston. They kept us informed and answered our questions promptly. The customer service @ JB BWI handles the situation like pros!

• Posted by Leif on December 15, 2012 at 7:16 am

So, quit normal for all airlines. But, what was the problem? Thats more interesting!

• Posted by Sathya on December 15, 2012 at 8:52 am

Good Job JB. You are always my first choice.

• Posted by Genise Lalos on December 15, 2012 at 9:48 am

JetBlue is the most professional airline in operation today. It does not surprise me at all that the crew handled this situation brilliantly.

• Posted by MiamiGirl 007 on December 15, 2012 at 10:49 am

Its the only airline I fly whenever I can help it. I will only fly another airline if JetBlue doesn’t go there. Love me some JetBlue.

• Posted by ALS on December 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

I was a passenger on this flight. No major injuries means exactly that. Some people may have had minor injuries (sprains, soreness, etc) from deplaning via emergency evacuation slides. It was very scary and jarring but thankfully no one was hurt. Kudos to JetBlue and BWI.

• Posted by EMGEE on December 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Bravo JetBlue. It’s the only domestic airline I fly. Flown NYC to Long Beach many, many times. And to West Palm for the last 10 years.