December 7, 2012

Washington D.C. to Jacksonville? Yes please!

This week we filed an application with the United States Department of Transportation to receive permission to provide new service from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to Jacksonville, Florida.

These proposed flights would introduce much needed, low fare competitive service in the DCA-Jacksonville, FL (JAX) market, and would offer nonstop daily service between the two well-traveled destinations with JetBlue’s award-winning product and service.

Both routes are supported by the two communities and their respective leaders – and now, we need your help!

Please let DOT Secretary LaHood know you support this application for JetBlue service from Washington to Jacksonville! Copy and paste this letter into an email to GovernmentAffairs@jetblue.com — or draft your own!

RE:  JetBlue Airways JAX-DCA Application, Docket DOT-OST-2000-7182

Dear Secretary LaHood:

JetBlue’s application will provide much-needed low-fare, high-quality service from the capital’s downtown airport to Jacksonville, a market that is today served by a single carrier.  By offering lower fares and by providing an exceptional on-board experience, JetBlue will provide new competition for the many travelers between Jacksonville and Washington each year.  Plus, travelers between San Juan and Washington will have another great option to connect the capital of Puerto Rico with our nation’s capital.

Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.

Sincerely,

My Name
My Address, City and State
My E-mail address

Posted by in BlueCities, Breaking News, Customers | Permalink | 16 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

16 Comments on “Washington D.C. to Jacksonville? Yes please!”

• Posted by Noah Somone on December 7, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Southwest.com/DCA-HOU

• Posted by debbie delozier on December 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Please allow this direct flight to and from Ronald Reagan to Jax take effect very soon… I need to go there to see the love of my life… thank you…

• Posted by martin on December 10, 2012 at 10:58 am

Please, Please, PLEASE come to ATL from NYC.

• Posted by martin on December 10, 2012 at 10:59 am

NYC_ATL please?

• Posted by Bryan Long on December 10, 2012 at 11:25 am

The new JetBlue service from DCA to JAX is needed to support the businesses and governmental agencies that regularly travel between the two cities. With three major military bases within 25 miles of JAX, it’s a vital service for our troops, their familes and the contractors supporting them. The following on to San Juan is an added incentive for those from DC who are traveling to the Caribbean.

• Posted by Helen Dugan on December 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm

JetBlue needs to provide service from Jacksonville (JAX) to Washington (DCA) The military personnel, their families,contractors and employees of many other businesses travel regularly between the two cities

• Posted by North Florida Hotel Lodging Association 12/12 NFHLA External Affairs: jetBlue flight JAX to Washington, DC- we need your support » North Florida Hotel Lodging Association on December 12, 2012 at 1:53 pm

[...] service to JAX from Washington, DC, Reagan National airport.  We encourage you to visit the jetBlue blog for information on an email you can send in support, please help spread this message.   All new [...]

• Posted by Cynthia Arroyo on December 13, 2012 at 7:18 am

Dear Secretary LaHood:

JetBlue’s application will provide much-needed low-fare, high-quality service from the capital’s downtown airport to Jacksonville, a market that is today served by a single carrier. By offering lower fares and by providing an exceptional on-board experience, JetBlue will provide new competition for the many travelers between Jacksonville and Washington each year. Plus, travelers between San Juan and Washington will have another great option to connect the capital of Puerto Rico with our nation’s capital.

Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.

Sincerely,

Cynthia Arroyo

• Posted by Marilyn Bustillo on December 13, 2012 at 7:25 am

Dear Secretary LaHood:

Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.

Sincerely,

Marilyn Bustillo

• Posted by Hector Collazo on December 28, 2012 at 1:03 am

Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.

Sincerely,

Hector Collazo

• Posted by Martin A. Goetz on December 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm

RE: JetBlue Airways JAX-DCA Application, Docket DOT-OST-2000-7182
    Dear Secretary LaHood:
    I am writing today to express my strong support for JetBlue’s application to offer competitive service from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to Jacksonville International Airport, with continuing service to San Juan, Puerto Rico. As the current chair of the Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS.org) I travel extensively between my home in Jacksonville, FL and Washington. For many years there was competitive service into DCA from both United and US Airways. United has long discontinued its non-stop service into DCA and as such there is no competitive pricing between the current markets.
    Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.
    Sincerely,
    Marty Goetz
    Martin A. Goetz, MS, MPA
    Chief Executive Officer
    River Garden Senior Services
    11401 Old Saint Augustine Road
    Jacksonville, Florida 32258

• Posted by Flavia Fabiano on December 31, 2012 at 11:01 am

Dear Secretary LaHood:

Please join me in offering your support for JetBlue’s application.

Sincerely,
    Flavia Fabiano

• Posted by John Taylor on January 4, 2013 at 8:11 am

There is a tremendous need for new flights between Jacksonville and DC. My wife and I go up there frequently to see our son. We are always dismayed at the paucity of flights. We have not been on a flight between here and there that was not full, or 98% so, since I can remember. Please give Jet Blue a chance to compete for this market. What is more American than that?

• Posted by Don Roy on January 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I agree a competing carrier would be very helpful. Often times flights are booked to capacity or times are not optimal. JetBlue would be a great addition to Jacksonville.

• Posted by Luis Macias on January 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm

We need a JAX-DCA service to create more diversity. The route currently is overprized and the carrier that is serving the route doesn’t have good Customer Service. The business traveler and the leisure traveler both would benefit from this route, but the experience on a JetBlue flight would really make the difference from being a simple flight to a great flight.

• Posted by Michelle Mattick on January 28, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Dear Secretary LaHood,

Jacksonville is in need of a flight from Washington DC to Jacksonville that connects to Puerto Rico and back. I’m a puertorican that lives in Jacksonville and benefit from the JAX-SJU flight all the time. I’ll also benefit from a JAX-DCA flight as well as I like to visit our nations capital often for leisure travel.

I think JetBlue offers the most competitive prices and the best service.