A delicious meal with our nearest and dearest is just a plane, train or automobile ride away, and many are taking to the skies with us today to get there. We’ll be operating more than 3,800 flights between Wednesday and Sunday, flying more than half a million people to their turkey destinations of choice.
To ease congestion in the air, we’re taking advantage of the FAA’s Holiday Airspace Release Program (HARP) Tuesday and Wednesday, November 20 and 21 and Sunday, November 25, which basically means we’re using the HOV lane to get you where you need to go most efficiently. We’re cool like that.
We also have spare aircraft dedicated to supporting the operation over the holidays and have added flights for the holiday week to meet the demand. Consistent with Thanksgiving as one of the heaviest travel periods of the year, peak dates and direction will be extremely full, which means lots of southbound traffic before the holiday and all that traffic coming back north on Sunday.
And finally, in a gesture of mercy, Mother Nature looks to deliver a beautiful weather week for holiday travel!Let’s do this!!
— Rob Maruster (@JetBlueCOO) November 17, 2012
We’re looking at good weather for the holiday weekend and hopefully Mother Nature decides to stick with favorable flying conditions so we can get you to grandma’s pie (and home with those leftovers) with ease.
Check out the below tips for smoothing out your travel experience and thanks for choosing to fly with us!
- Save time by checking in and printing your boarding pass at home so you can skip airport lines, drop your bags at the counter and head straight to security
- Be sure to check the status of your flight and the national weather service forecast before heading to the airport
- Leave extra time to get to the airport and through security, particularly if you’re traveling with small children
- Learn what leftovers are allowed through security and which may just need to remain fond memories in your belly (note: pies are cool, cranberry sauce if more than 3 ounces may not be)
- Download our iPhone® or Android™ app for free for the most up-to-date travel advisories or changes to your itinerary
- Sit back, relax, and leave the flying to us!