November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Fee Waiver

We’ve extended our fee waivers following the impact of Hurricane Sandy. Customers traveling to/from the cities listed below and with travel meeting the following criteria, have the following rebooking options:

Travel to/from:
- New York Metros (BDL, EWR, HPN, JFK, LGA & SWF)
- Washington D.C. Metros (BWI, DCA & IAD)
- Richmond, VA (RIC)
- Boston (BOS)

Booking date on or before 10/28/2012 and travel dates are between 10/28/2012 and 11/4/2012:
- No change fee or increase in fare for rebooked travel to be completed before 11/14/2012
- No change fee for rebooked travel to be completed after 11/14/2012 – increase in fare may apply
- No cancelation fee – funds can be deposited to JetBlue Credit valid for one year, or to original form of payment upon request

Booking date on or before 10/28/2012 and travel dates are between 11/5/2012 and 12/31/2012:
- No change fee for rebooked travel to be completed after 11/5/2012 – increase in fare may apply
- No cancelation fee, funds will be deposited into a JetBlue Credit valid for one year

*All changes/cancellations must be complete prior to scheduled travel, and before 12/31/2012.

For assistance, please speak to one of our reservations crewmembers at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). All customers are encouraged to check the status of their flights online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers with web-enabled cell phones and PDAs may check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.

Posted by in Customers | Permalink | 11 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

11 Comments on “Hurricane Sandy Fee Waiver”

• Posted by Nathan Henderson on November 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Please help. I am trying to get a refund for a flight that was cancelled for today. Your website and the email you sent me only have given me the option of calling a number but telephone service was lost in my area due to Sandy. My confirmation number is GUVWRZ, my name is Nathan Henderson and my email is Gloriousnate@aol.com. Thank you.

• Posted by JetBlue on November 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hi Nathan,

I’ve passed your note along to our customer support team and someone will be in touch soonest.

• Posted by Sandra Ballabio on November 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Help! I’m in the same situation and spoke to someone after waiting over 30 minutes only to be disconnected. My confirmation # is MLMVVA and I can’t go on the business trip due to lack of power in my office because of Hurricane Sandy. Can you please refund the ticket ASAP? Many thanks!

• Posted by lisette feehan on November 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm

we are travelling back home (west end long beach NY) on the 5th and anticipating the fact that our original return (on the 7th) maynot be enough time to deal with our home and insurance etc. ( we lost complete 1st floor and car).

will JB waive change fees for this??

• Posted by JetBlue on November 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hi Sandra,

I’ve passed your note along to our customer support team to assist you.

• Posted by Shara Woolley on November 3, 2012 at 2:20 am

Hi I am in a delicate situation I’m supposed to travel from JFK on November 6 and due to the storm I have to stay and care for my mother who is diabetic and went through a lot due to the loss of power. My confirmation # is LDBMIS I just want a credit since I don’t know when I can make other arrangements. My name is Shara Woolley and my email is jlucky881@gmail.com. Thank you.

• Posted by How you can help post-Hurricane Sandy - donation and volunteer centers around Queens | Queens NYC on November 3, 2012 at 3:47 pm

[...] 6 TrueBlue points for every $1 you donate. Donate here. For those traveling with us, we’ve extended fee waivers to change or cancel flights booked prior to October 28 good for a credit up to one year.” [...]

• Posted by JetBlue on November 3, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Hi Shara,

Sorry for your difficult situation. Hope all is OK with your mother. I’ve passed your note along to our customer support team to assist.

• Posted by Kathy Wilson on November 5, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Made flight changes out of Boston for business trip; changed flights twice to finally arrange to get to conference by leaving on 10/28. Trouble getting phone assistance to get the waiver credited to my TB account 2032591532- Confirmation # EQIWIO Would appreciate fee waived and credited to my TB account for future travel. Thanks

• Posted by JetBlue on November 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hi Kathy,

I’ve passed your note along to our customer support team for assistance.

• Posted by Sharon Segal on November 11, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I purchased ticket(s) on 10/19 for travel to NY on 11/29, but due to the storm, the house I was going to stay at in NJ is not livable. Can I rebook my flight(s) for Jan without incurring a change fee?
    Thank you!