October 26, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Makes Her Way North

Sandy is making her way north, causing heavy winds and rain. We’re monitoring the storm closely and are adjusting our operating plans accordingly.

We’re waiving fees for travel to and from the impacted cities if customers want to change or cancel their flight. Stay tuned to jetblue.com for the latest and to see what cities are impacted, and remember to check your flight status before heading to the airport.

We’ve waiving change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling to/from the following cities:

Impacted City Original Travel Dates Original Booking Date Rebook Through Date
New York Metros – (BDL, EWR, HPN, JFK, LGA & SWF) 10/29 – 10/30/12 10/26/12 11/1/2012
Washington D.C. Metros – (BWI, DCA & IAD) 10/29 – 10/30/12 10/26/12 11/1/2012
Richmond, VA – (RIC) 10/29 – 10/30/12 10/26/12 11/1/2012
Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) 10/25 – 10/26/12 10/24/12 10/28/2012
Florida – (FLL, JAX, MCO, PBI) 10/26/12 10/25/12 10/29/2012
Santo Domingo, DR (SDQ) 10/25 – 10/26/12 10/25/12 10/28/2012

;

Customers may rebook their flights for travel through the dates indicated above by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). Original travel must have been booked on or before the original booking date noted above.

All customers traveling to/from the airports listed above are encouraged to check the status of their flights online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers with web-enabled cell phones/PDAs may check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.

Posted by in Customers | Permalink | 19 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

19 Comments on “Hurricane Sandy Makes Her Way North”

• Posted by Jules Gagne on October 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I have a same day round trip from Boston to Newark for October 30th. This is for an trade show at the Javits Center. I don’t want to risk flying or being stuck in NY during Sandy. I travel Jet Blue 2-3 times a year but seldom go to NYC. Can I cancel my flights for credit on a future flight, such as Boston to Dallas in December?

• Posted by Airlines let travelers change tickets, fee-free, due to Hurricane Sandy – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs on October 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm

[...] JetBlue's offer for the metropolitan New York and Washington areas applies only to October 29 and 30, and requires travelers to rebook by November 1. [...]

• Posted by ROSE PORZIO on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 pm

We are booked on flight 905 on Oct 30th Tuesday with the weather as it is what do we do. This is a must trip my daugher is getting operated on the 31. we need help
    what can we do I can not travel alone my other daughter is travleing with me.

• Posted by Steve Norris on October 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

Can I rebook and enter the waiver code online or only through phone?

• Posted by Laura Carroll on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hi. We are to fly to Boston Logan next Friday from West Palm Beach, FL.
    Many of the weather channel models for where the hurricane is to land encompass Boston.
    We may need to change that flight to a flight that works for us in the next 9 months…would you be ok with that, with no penalty fees then affecting us? There are 3 of us in our party.

Thank you.

L. Carroll

• Posted by EDWIN KUNZMAN on October 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm

confirmation#DMDLVA. TRAVELED FROM WEST PALM TO EWR ROUND TRIP 10/24 TO RETURN 10/29. THE STORM CAUSED US TO RETURN TO WEST PALM ON FRIDAY 10/26. THE FLIGHT ON SAT. 10/27 SOLD OUT. WERE CHARGED $100 PLUS $35 EACH FOR MY WIFE AND I OR $270. HOW DO WE OBTAIN REFUND FOR THE FEES THAT WE WERE CHARGED? CALL ME AT 561-733-6724 OR E-MAIL US AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS. THANK YOU-

• Posted by Paula Brody on October 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Please notify me if I can change my flights booked Boston to Ft Myers Tuesday 10/30 to depart instead on SUnday 10/28 due to the storm without a waiver fee. We must be in Naples on 10/31 and are concerned that our evening flight may not go out due to the storm in the NOrtheast. Please call us at 239-272-0232. THanks.

• Posted by Ronald Paxton on October 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Your online web site for members should allow a person to enter a ticket # or a confirmation # to locate flights they have booked. Today, if the confirmation # cannot be found then lookup on your site is a worthless feature – and your help page results in a error to make matters worse. It would be great if your site was more customer friendly.

R Paxton

• Posted by Hurricane Sandy Live Air Travel Updates on October 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm

[...] American Airlines has waived ticket re-issue charges for routings and dates seen here. JetBlue Airways has waived fees for changes and cancelations for routes and dates seen here. [...]

• Posted by james oconnor on October 27, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Nice offer but I can’t get through to cancel my flight. What good is this if we can’t communicate? My flight will have departed and landed by the time your staff answers the one phone number allowed. Why can’t we cancel on line? Jet Blue is usually better at customer relations!

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Hi Jules,

You can cancel your flight or change it within our rebooking window without incurring any fees. All of the information is at: http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx?intcmp=global_travelalert

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Hi Rose,

Sorry for the challenging situation you’re in. Unfortunately, Sandy is the boss on this one. Please continue to check your flight status and our updates to learn how you should proceed. Our travel alerts on jetblue.com will provide instructions: http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx?intcmp=global_travelalert

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Hi Steve,

1-800-JETBLUE is the place to rebook.

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Hi Laura.

Please check our travel alert on jetblue.com for the specific details about what flights are eligible for fee waivers to cancel or rebook: http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx?intcmp=global_travelalert

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Hi Edwin,

Our customer support team at 1-800-JETBLUE can best assist. I’ll also pass your note along to the team directly so they can follow up with you.

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hi Paula,

1-800-JETBLUE can best assist you with rebooking your flight. Appreciate your patience, as we understand that call volumes are high at this time.

• Posted by JetBlue on October 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Hi James,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We know that call volumes are high at this time.

• Posted by db on October 28, 2012 at 1:25 am

My flight out of JFK to LAX on Monday morning has been canceled (well before the storm) and when I have tried to call to rebook, I cant get through to anybody. In fact, at one point the line actually hung up on me because all agents were busy. This is a ridiculous way to run a business. Also, your website feature to find a flight with a booking locator is not working. Neither did the online alert, which is supposed to email me when the flight was canceled. The app works better than the website. You may not be able to affect the weather, but you can affect how you respond to it. I am flying Jetblue only because my business made me — otherwise I avoid your airline.

• Posted by JetBlue on October 28, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Hi Dawn,

We’re experiencing high call volumes, as you might imagine, due to Sandy. Appreciate your patience and please do try back at 1-800-JETBLUE to rebook your flight.