New York is famous for a lot of things including architecture and iconic businesses. We pay tribute to those landmarks and signs that demarcate the history of our great city and are proud to become a part of the story with our new sign in Long Island City.
Some cool facts about the history of landmarks/signs in Long Island City:
- One of the earliest landmarks in the City was the Bank of Manhattan Clock Tower in the 1920s.
- In the 1930s we saw Pepsi-Cola and Silvercup make their mark with their iconic signage.
- In the 1980s, Citigroup Building became the tallest building in NY city outside of Manhattan.
- In the 1990s, the Gantry Plaza State Park waterfront 12-acre impressive park was open to the public.
- The developing skyline of Long Island City has always been a sign of the city’s growth.
- Today, JetBlue is proud to be part of Long Island City’s skyline!
Learn more about Long Island City’s history as a transportation hub, the recent growth Spurt in Long Island City! and check out our recent sign lighting and the official opening of our support center.