December 29, 2010

Blue Pic(K)s of SnOMG 2010

In lieu of our regular Blue Pic(K) of The Week we’re paying homage to the big snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast with more than two feet of snow and displaced nearly a million travelers across the U.S. during the peak holiday season. See below for some images that our Crewmembers took of the snowstorm. We thank our Crewmembers for working diligently and our Customers for their patience during this challenging time.

And remember, if you’d like your JetBlue or BlueCity pic to be considered please email us at corpcommphotos@jetblue.com and be sure to include your name and where you snapped the pic. Thanks for stopping by!

Posted by in Photos | Permalink | 19 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

19 Comments on “Blue Pic(K)s of SnOMG 2010”

• Posted by Eric on December 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Great pics!! Can you indicate at which airport each photo was taken? I recognize BOS for a few but I don’t think all are from there. Thanks!

• Posted by JetBlue on December 29, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Thanks Eric! Some are from Boston and some are from JFK.

• Posted by Louise Hoit on December 29, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Great pictures! Hope you get through the rest of the winter without storms of that magnitude!

• Posted by Carlos H. on December 29, 2010 at 5:34 pm

FLL to Philipsburg,St Maarten looks real good right now . My hat is off to all the Jet Blue team, for their efforts and keeping us the customers in check. I wasn’t affected but I can see how things can go awry real quick. My usual route is FLL to RIC .
    looking forward to my next JetBlue adventure!

• Posted by David McKibben on December 29, 2010 at 5:38 pm

oh, I am so glad I live near SFO and OAK.

• Posted by jay mufson on December 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm

You guys really keep things together…thanks jay

• Posted by Donna Fournier on December 29, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for sharing all the pics…i know you deal w/ frustrated people who’s flights get canceled, and it is a trying time for all, but…the bottom line is, by canceling flights due to the weather calamity, the airlines are actually saving lives and planes. Yes, catch up time after the storm takes a while, but…each client who walks into their home safely, is a person home safe to their destination…so JetBlue, and other airlines, a THANK YOU from this fan for doing your job each day w/ safety in mind. High fives to all of you!!!

• Posted by Deirdre Wexler on December 29, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I was one of those affected. My mom died in Florida on 11/3 and I have been there since October. Needless to say, my family up here missed me. I was only up here for Christmas and was supposed to leave on 12/29 to go back to Florida. They were more than happy that my flight was cancelled. So was I….

• Posted by June Hotaling on December 29, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Jet Blue, we Love You [ All yr Long]. Your the Best of the Best. Thanks for the update. There is no other Airline that can hold a candle to you!!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!!! Always.

• Posted by Mary on December 29, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Thank you jetBlue… each and every employee!! You work so hard to keep your passengers safe. God Bless You and may you and your families all have a happy and healthy holiday season!

• Posted by Arlene Hansmann on December 29, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Leaving from Dullas to Boston in the morning. Expecting delays w/o complaining as many do. It’s an act of God and Jet Blue has no control. Why some people cannot understand this I don’t know. Coming down on the 21st from Boston to DC we sat because they had to d-ice. I totally understood and would not want to fly until all was ready. Of course there were some who were not happy. Is not safety first most important? Thank YOU Jet Blue…I do not fly any other. See you in the morning…..

• Posted by Erich Engelhardt on December 29, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Love your airline, your wide leather seats and tv on each seat are great!!!
    thanks,
    Erich

• Posted by FAITH DE VORRE on December 29, 2010 at 8:10 pm

AND I’M COMPLAINING ABOUT A LITTLE RAIN… WOW.. THANK GOODNESS I LIVE IN ARIZONA,, I’LL TAKE THE SUMMER HEAT ANY DA

• Posted by FAITH DE VORRE on December 29, 2010 at 8:11 pm

whoops should have been day

• Posted by Sunny on December 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Wow looks like Fun!!!!

• Posted by Igor Kogut on December 30, 2010 at 6:04 am

My friends in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (or SDQ as it is better known to you guys), are complaining that its a little cold down there.. Temps went down to the upper 60′s. (I’m still trying to find some sympathy, think it may be buried somewhere in the 3 feet of snow)..

• Posted by JM D on December 30, 2010 at 9:38 am

Hi Jet blue, I build the booms on those De Icers in Orlando, FL. Great pics!

• Posted by Ernest Jillson on December 31, 2010 at 9:52 am

Our flight BOS to TPA on December 27th was canceled. Our new flight is scheduled at 5:55 PM this afternoon! Keeping my fingers crossed, but wondering why the flight status says boarding at 9:50 AM!?! That’s a bit scary :).

• Posted by Ladi on January 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I wish I could afford a plane ticket…any where! STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT FLYING!