December 26, 2010

Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Fee Waiver

Due to impending inclement weather in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region JetBlue will waive fees & increases for Customers traveling in/out of the following cities between, Saturday, December 25 and Monday, December 27, 2010. Customers will be allowed to rebook through Friday January 14.

If your travel plans include traveling to or from one of the cities below and you would like to make a change to a new flight without fee or fare difference, please call 1-800-JETBLUE to discuss re-accommodation options.

• Boston (BOS)
  • John F. Kennedy (JFK)
  • Newark (EWR)
  • La Guardia (LGA)
  • White Plains (HPN)
  • Stewart/Newburgh (SWF)
  • Washington/Dulles (IAD)
  • Washington/Reagan National (DCA)
  • Charlotte (CLT)
  • Richmond (RIC)
  • Hartford (BDL)
  • Raleigh Durham (RDU)
  • Baltimore (BWI)

Customers traveling on between Saturday, December 25 and Monday, December 27, 2010, may move to a new flight that departs anytime between now through Friday, January 14, 2011.  Original travel must have been booked before Friday, December 24.  Changes must be made prior to your originally scheduled departure.

Be sure to check the status of your flight online before leaving for the airport.

More information about the storm:
Snow coats East, frustrating holiday travel (Associated Press)
Winter storm grounds nearly 2,000 flights Sunday (USA Today)

Posted by in Breaking News, Customers | Permalink | 15 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

15 Comments on “Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Fee Waiver”

• Posted by Amy lipin on December 27, 2010 at 9:44 am

We cannot get in touch with any representative about changing our flight and it is impossible to reschedule before our scheduled departure. Why is it impossible to speak to a customer service representative?

• Posted by Amy lipin on December 27, 2010 at 9:46 am

I would like a refund.

• Posted by Jennifer LaRegina on December 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

I’ve called Jet Blue over and over and over last night and this morning trying to change my flight from tonight and its impossible to get through. How am I supposed to change my flight if I can’t speak to anyone?
    And JFK airport is closed! I don’t know what to do?

Jennifer LaRegina
    845-721-6239

• Posted by Ryan Judy on December 27, 2010 at 10:49 am

Fee waivers are nice, however they cant be done online, and as you may know , your reservations system is a little overloaded right now. Whats the solution to this?

• Posted by JetBlue on December 27, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Hi Amy,

Our Customer Support lines are very busy with everyone calling in. We apologize for the inconvenience. If your flight has been cancelled, you will be reaccommodated on another flight when operations resume, so don’t worry about that.

• Posted by Ernest Jillson on December 27, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Yeah, Don’t worry. Wow. While it may just seem an inconvenience to you, some of us have reasons to get home. We have a pet at our house with enough food and water for our trip. Our flight wasn’t until this evening, so should have left Boston without any problem, but was canceled. We can’t get ahold of anyone at JetBlue. (Try your call later). Really? The earliest available flight online is Friday. Our pet will be dead. Thanks JetBlue. Not enough people to answer the phones. You should have set up a system where people on canceled flights were called and taken care of FIRST. I have booked a new (more expensive) flight for Friday online because I can’t reach anyone! I better be re-imbursed big time.

• Posted by Jon on December 27, 2010 at 4:17 pm

This update was posted well after my originally scheduled departure (which was cancelled), so I could not have possibly met your last criteria. will i still get my refund?

• Posted by JetBlue on December 27, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Hi Ernest,

So sorry to hear about your pet situation. I have forwarded your note on to our Customer Commitment Team. Thank you for your patience and please know that we will assist you just as soon as we’re able.

• Posted by Jay Cohen on December 27, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Our flight was scheduled fro 6:40 pm today down to west palm beach to spend my birthday and holidays with my elderly parents and we’ve been trying to call all day to rebook but we keep getting the same message and no one is picking up the phone. I’m very disappointed with jet blue especially since they are known for excellent customer service for letting us down like this. I would like to be contacted immediately because I only have this week to travel..I will not be available to travel before the 14th of January. When will they notify us for reimbursement? Should I go to JFK airport tomorrow to try to get on a plane or is this pointless?

• Posted by Patti Witten on December 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I’m going home tomorrow, Tuesday. Should I fly in from Tampa to JFK as planned? Can I count on my connection from JFK to SYR? Or should I give up my seats and wait a day? Should I speak with a ticketing agent at Tampa? How should I deal with this? I was stuck overnight at the old JetBlue terminal during a freak snowstorm a few years ago and I NEVER want to go through that again! My sympathies to others who are confused and stuck!

• Posted by JetBlue on December 27, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Hi Patti,

You can check your flight status here: http://www.jetblue.com/flightstatus/

By all means, if your flight is still operating, go ahead and get on it as planned!

Thanks for your patience and safe travels!

• Posted by Laury on December 28, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I want my money back! If i can’t reschedule by phone or online because of jetblue not answering phone and not allowing me to make online change i shouldn’t get stuck paying for an unused ticket.Can’t get a train out of connecticut until after the flight leaves. Jetblue needs to increase its capabilities in the customer service department. Confirmation #JPKIRA

• Posted by Edna Nakamoto on December 28, 2010 at 2:12 pm

My ticket was for SFO to Austin and back. Flight was originally shown as canceled. Your online instructions say that once a flight is canceled that status doesn’t change. It now looks like the flight might have taken off so I don’t get a refund and there were no other available flights. I’ve been calling for at least 24 hours to no avail to make changes. Needless to say, I am now out $$ for the first leg and will shortly be out $$ for the return since I can’t get through. I am a small business owner who had to cancel a business trip and have just paid for a plane ticket that I can’t get refunded by the client. Suggestions?

• Posted by frankie on December 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm

ok, so what do i do?? i can’t afford to miss work and i have a rental car that i have to pay for (it takes me an hour and a half to drive to syracuse airport)!! i need to talk to SOMEONE. I HAVE CALLED AND CALLED and NOTHING.
    I understand that you are swamped with calls, but i MUST GET BACK TO LOS ANGELES. can i be put on another airline?? how can this be fixed? WHEN will i be able to fly back?? if someone could contact me @ 773.425.8445. i would really appreciate it. thank you.

• Posted by Aileen Nielsen on December 28, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to call for FOUR DAYS and have tried constantly, morning noon and night, at least 4 times a day, and your automatic system always hangs up on me. In addition to my original ticket for 12/26 I rebooked for 12/28, and this 12/28 flight was also cancelled. I want a refund for both of these tickets as you promised! Please contact me immediately.