Happy Friday dear readers! As we near the end of the year, we’d like to use this opportunity to highlight our top ten JetBlue stories of 2010:
10. All You Can Jet 2010: All You Can Jet 2009 was so popular, we decided to bring it back for a second year. All You Can Jet 2010 offered two varieties of passes and produced many wonderful stories of people traveling for charity, soul-searching, or just plain fun. We also launched this year the TrueBlue Community, so our AYCJetters and other travelers could connect to share travel tips, stories, or even find one another en route.
9. Live From T5 Concert Series: 2010 produced some high-profile performers to our acclaimed Live From T5 Concert Series at our terminal at JFK, including Sarah McLachlan, Daughtry, Taylor Swift, and Straight No Chaser. Stay tuned for more!
8. Response to the earthquake in Haiti: The tragic events that took place in Haiti this year ignited a response from our Crewmembers that was admirable. From donations of food, money, and supplies to the actual deployment of a team to our station in Santo Domingo to help those coming through from Haiti, we pulled together with our friends from other airlines, the airports, and the government to ensure as best we could the safety and well-being of those less fortunate.
7. Community Involvement: We always keep in mind that our success should be the success of others, and are proud to have participated in and sponsored numerous charitable and community ventures in 2010. From supporting school children from the Dominican Republic to California, building playgrounds and promoting anti-bullying, our company and our Crewmembers reached out a helping hand this year to help make the world a better place.
6. Expansion in Boston: As the largest domestic carrier out of JFK, we thought it only fair to share the love with our brother BlueCity, Boston. We placed a focus this year on growing our service out of Boston and are pleased to now be the largest carrier out of Logan International Airport with the most flights and most destinations, and more to come in 2011!
5. Slide Deployment: We’d be remiss not to mention the dramatic exit of one our own and the weeks of news stories that followed. You can’t make this shtick up.
4. New destinations: We added service to three more BlueCities in our network in 2010, including Punta Cana, Reagan National in Washington D.C., Hartford, with announcements made this year about exciting new destinations we’ll start flying to in 2011 including Turks & Caicos and Anchorage!
3. New partnerships: As we continue to grow we team up with more and more outstanding cousins in the airline world. This year alone we partnered with South African, American, Emirates, EL AL, and we look forward to more to come!
2. New reservations system: In the very beginning of 2010, we transitioned reservations system – no small task for an airline – in efforts to help better position us with a more robust business model.
1. 10th Anniversary! 2010 is a very special year for JetBlue, perhaps the most special, because we celebrate ten years in operations. We’ve taken the time this year to reflect on all that we’ve accomplished over the past decade and how much more we have to look forward to as we enter into our second decade. To celebrate with our Customers, we ran several big giveaway events in New York, Boston and beyond, and we look forward to celebrating our 20th Anniversary in an even bigger way!
As always, safe travels and have a great weekend! Thanks for reading!