August 16, 2010

Daughtry Live from T5 this Thursday!

Image courtesy of matthewtodd on Flickr

Live from T5, our ongoing concert series at JFK brings you famed rock sensation Daughtry. Following Sarah McLachlan in July, the next up in our star-studded lineup will feature American Idol season 5 finalist Chris Daughtry and his band, Daughtry, this Thursday, August 19 at 7 p.m.

Daughtry’s self-titled debut album was released in 2006 and reached number one for two non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Top 200, outselling Idol winner Taylor Hicks’s debut album, at more than four million copies.

Posted by in Breaking News, Pop Culture | Permalink | 13 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

13 Comments on “Daughtry Live from T5 this Thursday!”

• Posted by Melissa on August 16, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Do you need a plane ticket to attend?

• Posted by JetBlue on August 16, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your note. The concert will be held in our terminal, which means you need to go through security in order to get there, and since you need a boarding pass to get through security, you would need a plane ticket to see the concert.

• Posted by Sheryl on August 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Hi, I stupidly this past Friday was returning from CA (Bobe Hope airport) in Burbank & had to leave two bottles of Kraft French dressing because of their size. Is there a way to find out if still there at the screening area & have them sent to me? Yes, I know, this sounds hillarious.

• Posted by JetBlue on August 16, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Hi Sheryl,

It is the TSA that handles all security screening issues so you would have to check with them (http://www.tsa.gov/). Best wishes for the potential, safe return of your dressing!

• Posted by doug denunzio on August 16, 2010 at 6:49 pm

interested in how the concert goes though can’t attend but hope it goes well with the new concert series.

• Posted by thetruh on August 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Daughtry playing a free concert in an airport terminal? hahahaha! My my my how the mighty have fallen. Can’t he do any better than this?

• Posted by truesouth on August 16, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Please, don’t ever have Daughtry there when I’m flying. I would have to change airlines.
    Talk about a captive audience. Please no.
    This could cause more people to go crazy.
    I wonder who bought all those cds. Not the public. Could it be Clive?

• Posted by Ryan on August 16, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Please explain to me why Taylor Hicks was mentioned in this Ad for a Daughtry concert? I guess if it was to compare CD Sales and that is needed to advertise Daughtry now then it looks or sounds like he may not be doing so well this year! If you like to compare Apples & Oranges than maybe you should add to the article that Taylor Hicks 2007 Tour out sold Daughtry by millions!!! Just hoping you have the respect to change your Advertisement.
    Its so sad that Daughtry has to have his publicty department put Taylor Hicks down to feel like he won American Idol…. Sad Sad Sad!!!!

• Posted by sam7575 on August 17, 2010 at 12:20 am

Sorry Jetblue! I’ll be taking another airline when I make my next travel plan! . Even a free concert from this Loser is too much for me. Traveling is already too stressful without having to tolerate this noise.

• Posted by Giovanna on August 17, 2010 at 3:52 am

I will certainly avoid flying Jetblue if I know there is even a CHANCE that I have to submit myself to a concert from #4 Loser Chris Daughtry. He DID lose AI you know. It’s a shame that Taylor Hicks’ name has to be mentioned to bring attention to “Daughtry”. Little do you know that Taylor Hicks made millions more than Little D in the past year, which he did without the backing of the suits! Free concert at an airport???? Guess the mighty do fall, don’t they!!

• Posted by Abby on August 17, 2010 at 4:57 am

That’s what I call noise pollution!!!

• Posted by carole on August 17, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I hope you give out free ear plugs. UGH!! NOISE…Just NOISE!!

• Posted by ohno on August 19, 2010 at 1:29 am

haha The little D, with a lot of help, may have outsold the WINNER but he never could out talent him. Not by a million miles.
    I know what airline I will NOT fly. I’m not taking any chances. :-)