Join us tomorrow, Thursday, June 10 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Copley Place on Dartmouth Street (across the street from Back Bay Station/Orange Line) as we host a non-stop record setting event as part of our yearlong 10th anniversary celebration and in recognition of having the most nonstop destinations out of Boston’s Logan International Airport. Bostonians will have an opportunity to secure a spot in The Universal Record Database, the “definitive site for human achievement,” for a chance to win* one of ten JetBlue Getaways!
We’re planning 10 off-beat and entertaining stunts where participants will try their luck at setting a variety of non-stop records, including the longest:
- Juggling of airplane bags of cashews
- Airplane imitation
- Single breath captain’s announcement
- Rhyming chain with the word “blue”
We’ll also host a special record attempt featuring a non-stop, 4-hour Karaoke session featuring flight-related songs!
In town to host the event Dan Rollman, co-founder and president of The Universal Record Database will be overseeing the record attempts and awarding a record holder for each off-the-wall air travel-inspired challenge. All 10 category winners receive a free, roundtrip, vacation getaway, on us.
Now who would pass that up?!
General: On June 10, 2010, JetBlue Airways Corporation will promote, by means of the “Nonstop Nonstops Contest” at Copley Square in Boston, Massachusetts, the opportunity to enter to win prizes as described below.
Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Restrictions apply. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. JetBlue employees, their relatives, and members of their households are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
How to win: Winners will be selected based on criteria described below by non-JetBlue employee-judges, as assigned by JetBlue. In the event that the winner does not meet or comply with the Official Rules and/or eligibility requirements, or he/she forfeits the prize for a particular contest, JetBlue will award the prize to first alternate. All contests and winner selection will be held in-person on June 10, 2010. Decisions of the judges are final. By entering, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
JetBlue Getaways (10) and Travel Certificate (2) Prizes:
- San Juan, PR – Air travel to/from & 2 nights hotel for 2, Intercontinental San Juan Resort & Casino (Value $2000.00)
- San Juan, PR – Air travel to/from & 2 nights hotel for 2, Intercontinental Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa (Value $2000.00)
- Orlando, FL – Air travel to/from & 2 nights hotel for 2, Sheraton Vistana Villages (Value $2000.00)
- Barbados – Air travel to/from & 3 nights hotel for 2, Bougainvillea “Beachfront Suites” (Value $2000.00)
- St. Lucia – Air travel to/from & 3 nights hotel for 2, Ladera, Soufriere, St Lucia (Value $2000.00)
- St. Maarten – Air travel to/from & 3 nights hotel for 2, Grand Case Beach Club (Value $2000.00)
- Naples, FL – Air travel to/from FL & 3 nights hotel for 2, Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club (Value $2000.00)
- Marco, FL – Air travel to/from FL & 3 nights hotel for 2Marco Beach Ocean Resort (Value $2000.00)
- Amelia Island, FL – Air travel to/from FL & 3 nights hotel for 2, Amelia Island Plantation Resort (Value (Value $2000.00)
- Mexico – Air travel to/from & 3 nights hotel for 2, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico – Valentin Imperial Maya All Inclusive (Value $2000.00)
- 2 Roundtrip Travel Certificates on JetBlue – Restrictions, blackout dates, taxes and fees apply. See Travel Certificate terms and conditions for details. (Value $598 each)
Approximate value of the total prizes is $21,196. Prizes are non-transferable. There may be no cash or other substitutions of prizes by winner. However, JetBlue reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value in the event the above prize is unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes with respect to entire prize.
- Longest Nonstop Karaoke Session Featuring Flight-Related Songs: Pauses between songs must be 10 seconds or less. Every song must make some reference to airplanes, flying or the sky. All participants will be entered for a chance to win a roundtrip travel certificate on JetBlue by random drawing.
- Longest Nonstop Coloring of an Airplane Illustration: At least one person must be drawing at all times. Only markers may be used. All participants will be entered for a chance to win a roundtrip travel certificate on JetBlue by random drawing.
- Fastest Reading of Every City JetBlue Flies to Nonstop Out of Boston: Pronunciation of each city must be clear and audible
- Longest Non-Stop Empty Soda Can Unicorn: An empty soda is attached to forehead in a “unicorn manner” for as long as possible. No glue or adhesives are permitted. Individual may not touch can during attempt, and must keep head/neck vertical for duration of feat.
- Longest Non-Stop Pronunciation of “JetBlue”: No audible pauses are permitted and individual must finish the word clearly each time.
- Fastest Time to Pull Clothes Out of a Suitcase and Put Them On: The suitcase must be fully closed to start. When wearing the suit, individual must be fully buttoned, zipped and otherwise dressed to finish. Participant may choose the suit.
- Longest In-Flight Announcement with a Single Breath: Individual must attempt record using selected in-flight announcement which must be audible (no mumbling).
- Fastest Time to Make Three Consecutive Round Trips from Boston to Long Beach on a Tricycle: Individual must go from one city marker to the other a total of 6 times to be counted, and must be seated on the tricycle at all times.
- Longest Non-Stop Imitation of an Airplane While Holding a Full Soda Can in Each Hand: Arms must be horizontal from start to finish; and individual must imitate the sound of an airplane for the duration of the achievement; walking simultaneously. Breathing is allowed.
- Longest Nonstop Juggling of 8oz Bags of Cashews: Individual must juggle three bags while standing on one foot. Timing starts when three bags are in the air – 1 or more bags must be in the air at all times. Individual must catch each bag at least once for attempt to count.
- Most Words That Rhyme With “Blue” Said in 30 Seconds: Only single syllable English words allowed. Slang and curse words are not permitted.
- Tallest Soda Can Tower Assembled in 30 Seconds: Cans must be empty. Tower is measured by number of cans, not actual height.
A drawing will decide the winner of the prize in the event of a tie.
Indemnification and Release: Winner hereby releases, indemnifies and holds harmless JetBlue and its affiliated, subsidiary and successor companies, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, advertising agencies and promotional sponsors (collectively the “Release”) from and against any and all harm, expense, liability or injury that may be sustained relating to or arising from participation in the contest or acceptance or use of the prize; and b) authorizes JetBlue to use the winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
Unforeseen Events: JetBlue reserves the right to terminate and/or change the June 10, 2010 events and prizes at its sole discretion at any time that JetBlue becomes aware of any circumstances or occurrence which would materially affect the security or fairness, including inclement weather and/or reckless behavior by participants. JetBlue is not responsible for the inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason.