February 2, 2010

Updated Sabre cutover information

Greetings,

JetBlue is now on Day 4 of our cutover to Sabre, our new reservations system, and while we are satisfied with the conversion so far, we know is only the beginning of a several-week process as we gain experience and expertise with the new system.

In order to best serve our customers, we’d like to make this space available to address current questions:

Hold times on the phones

There are no wait times on 800-JETBLUE to make new bookings. Call us! (800 538-2583)

Customers who need to make changes to their existing reservations (including TrueBlue bookings using points from our old system), we are experiencing long hold times. Sorry about that! If it’s an old award, you will need to book by phone.

We are adding more crewmembers to the TrueBlue desk by the day, and hope to have those hold times down soon. Thank you for your patience.

Some reservations booked under our former system can only be changed via 800-JETBLUE (800-538-2583). We are experiencing long hold times for this specialty desk as well, but we will do everything possible to reduce that hold time.

Tips for printing boarding passes from home or office:

• Do you have the latest version of Flash? Download from here if you don’t.
  • Try clearing your cache

At the Airport

Kiosks offer easy check in

You can alert our web team to any issues you’re having here. In some cases, the website will run a little slow while we put our new system through the paces.

We appreciate your continued patience and support. As always, tell us how you feel! Comment below or email us via Speak Up. Thank you for choosing JetBlue!

To report a specific web problem, please visit us at jetblue.com.

Posted by in Community, Crewmembers, Customers | Permalink | 15 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

15 Comments on “Updated Sabre cutover information”

• Posted by rothsteg on February 2, 2010 at 8:47 pm

You may be satisfied, but this customer isn’t. Tried to print boarding pass, got error message. Went to JetBlue home and clicked on website problems and found I should download new version of flash (your first pop up could have said that). Downloaded flash, no can do again. Called 800JetBlue and the very nice lady said that many customers can’t print their boarding passes and no timing for a fix has been announced. To this customer, having my boarding pass in hand when I leave for the airport is a big deal and one would have expected that Jet Blue learned something from US Airways’ disaster when it changed reservation systems. Apparently not.

• Posted by CorpComm on February 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm

We understand and apologize for the inconvenience. Our teams are working on addressing issues. Make sure your cache is cleared on your browser. If you’re still unable to print your boarding pass at home, know that we’re working diligently to make sure this is no longer an issue and kiosks and counters are moving well at the airports for customers to check in there as well.

• Posted by JennyD on February 3, 2010 at 12:49 am

Also rothsteg, average wait time in our lobbies is less than 15 minutes (except for 8am at JFK’s T5, which can be as much as 40 minutes on a regular day). I know it’s not optimal to arrive at the airport without your boarding pass, but we will have that functionality fixed as quickly as we can. Thank you for choosing JetBlue!
    -Jenny D
    Director Corporate Communications
    (Staffing the IT Command Center for cutover, and I’ve shared your frustration with the team – and they’re on it!)

• Posted by streebs on February 3, 2010 at 4:08 am

Trying to pay for a very expensive round trip party using gift cards I gave my GF for Christmas. System forced us to call to redeem them, and we’re at 48 minutes and counting listening to hold music.

This is really frustrating given that its a new booking, full-priced ticket. Not an “oops, I goofed, can you help me change it?” nor even looking to redeem points. This is pretty unacceptable and we’re both seasoned Jetblue vets and former fans – 512 ‘old’ TrueBlue points for me and probably well over 1,000 for Christine.

Help us JetBlue! Rescue us from hold music jail!

• Posted by rothsteg on February 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Saw JennyD’s comment that “they’re on it” and decided to try again. Voila! Boarding passes printed. Thanks for your concern and prompt action.

• Posted by CorpComm on February 3, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Sorry!

• Posted by uberVU - social comments on February 4, 2010 at 6:55 am

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by JetBlue: An update on our Sabre cutover status on our crewmember blog: http://bit.ly/cLMISS

• Posted by streebs on February 5, 2010 at 2:21 am

Following up on my post from Tuesday night…on Wednesday morning I received no less than one email and two phone calls from JetBlue. The Customer Service folks handed me off to a Gift Card Relations agent in Utah who happily got the gift cards redeemed and tickets booked.

Also redeemed was JetBlue’s almost-perfect reputation!

A colleague of mine and I traded stories today about a number of “human-touch moments” we’ve experienced with JB over the years, and how those moments are nearly unprecedented among other large US companies.

Thanks JetBlue!

• Posted by Kurt B on February 24, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I have travelled Jet Blue for years, which is one reason why I recommended them to my consschool for travel arrangements to go from the East Coast to the West Coast. When I made the reservations back in October it took me maybe 25 minutes to do everything that I needed to do. I just needed to make a deposit payment in two weeks back in October and took 5 minutes if that) with a final payment by today. Itried to pay yesterday but after 2 hours an 24 minutes on hold I gave up. Trying again today, first time n hold almost 2 hours to learn that needed to have spending limit increased on my credit card. Did that and just now after two hours and 35 minutes, I have somone on the line, who just put me on hold again to run the card. I do love Jet Blkue, but you are really testing me.

• Posted by Debra-Lee Normand on April 13, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Hey Jenny, I cant get through to anyone at the group bookings desk. I have a group of 10 to book. I put in a request online over a week ago with the only response a canned yeah we got it message
    I’ve been trying to reach someone on the phone there for two days now. The first day I spent 2 hours holding then connected and the rep disconnected without comment. Then I called the regular bookings desk and waited 30 minutes to plead with someone there to help me. I was told to just book two groups of 5 online. or book 9 with her then call back and book the other… I waited on hold for four additonal hours on the bookings desk which uncerimoniously hung up on me at the closing time of 7:30PM. This morning I am back on hold for the group desk. If you guys answer before I can find some other company who wants my business I might still book with you.
    doesnt this seem outrageous? Seems like your “cutover” problems continue months after your pleas for patience… no such thing as zero wait time on your main line either so …

• Posted by Mike Bocchino on April 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Hi Jenny,
    I too am a frustrate JetBlue client. I like the airline, hate your customer service. I am currently on hold with your old trueblue line – estimated wait time is 25 minutes and that was what the recording said 10 minutes ago. Last time, I was on hold 30 minutes. My trublue account is messed up because you can’t seem to get my flights from Jan 2010 posted to my account. I fly monthly, so in the meantime, my points are expiring and I cannot seem to attain enough to get 2 TruPasses anymore. I cannot seem to get through to anyone who can help me and I keep getting promises that things will be fixed – for the past 2 months – and nothing is fixed. HELP!!!!!

• Posted by DR.K.BASMACI on June 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm

ON JUNE 4TH 2010 I WAS ON FLIGHT 446 GOING FROM TAMPA TO BOSTON. I WAS EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH ONE PARTICULAR FLIGHT ATTENDANT NAMED M I C H A E L. HE WAS MOST COURTEOUS, POLITE,EAGER TO PLEASE EVERYONE, HAD A VERY PLEASANT PERSONALITY WITH A BRIGHT SMILE ON HIS FACE.HE NEVER FAILED TO ANSWER EVERY QUESTION POSED TO HIM READILY. I HAVE FLOWN JETBLUE FOR YEARS, NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE HIM.HE SHOULD BE RECOGNIZED AND REWARDED.

• Posted by maria on September 21, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Dear K. Basmaci – tell the airline via their Speak Up mechanism on the website.

• Posted by Joy G. on February 16, 2011 at 11:34 pm

I’m not happy. Here I sit in Mexico about to board a red-eye to JFK. I wanted to print my JFK – BOS boarding pass, but, I get a bogus error message about 24hours…90 minutes… well it’s 12 hours to flight time so I’m clearly in the window. Now I read the wait times in JFK at 8AM are 40 minutes? This guarentees that I miss my flight and the funeral I’m trying to get to…oh yeah, and how about posting a non-800 number of your website for those of us outside the country…

• Posted by Joy G. on February 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

Okay – since I posted the above complaint and discovered that the problem was my fault :-) I felt I have a responsibility to post the mea culpa. Turns out that I didn’t pay close enough attention to the calendar when I booked my online reservation. The flight I booked was for the wrong month and I didn’t catch it because the dates lined up to the same days. So, JetBlue did nothing wrong – I did – and JetBlue was nice enough to help me get home..