October 22, 2008

Look ma! No lines – 8:15 a.m.

The curb’s a breeze this morning, and the departures lobby is no different. Our new layout for counters and kiosks seems to be working great — no lines in sight! Now that the sun is finally up, you can see just how much natural light streams through the terminal — you really need to experience it to believe it!

Posted by in T508 | Permalink | 0 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

No Comments on “Look ma! No lines – 8:15 a.m.”

• Posted by LT on October 22, 2008 at 9:08 am

Hey, if I park in the Long-Term lot, do I take the free shuttle bus to get to Terminal 5 or do I take the AirTrain?

• Posted by Justin@JetBlue on October 22, 2008 at 9:14 am

Your best bet is to take the AirTrain. Then you can take the walkway to our new Terminal!

• Posted by LT on October 22, 2008 at 9:19 am

But can I take the shuttle if I want to? If the shuttle is sitting there when I park…I’m not waiting for the train!

• Posted by Ros on October 22, 2008 at 9:32 am

How about baggage? I heard there were some problems there. What went wrong?

• Posted by Justin@JetBlue on October 22, 2008 at 10:28 am

Thanks for the question Ros. We have processed (at this time) more than 3,500 bags with no issues. The system is working just fine!

• Posted by Michael on October 22, 2008 at 10:32 am

Congrats JFK! Looks like you all are keeping up what JetBlue always intended from the begining – brininging humanity back into air travel

• Posted by Ben Schreier on October 22, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Great to see all of the natural light….Can the artificial lights be turned off and thus save energy when the natural light does the job?

• Posted by Alex@JetBlue on October 22, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Ben – Yes! Here’s the answer, straight from Gensler: “Yes — we have daylight sensors in the hold rooms, which turn off the light fixtures near the windows, thus saving energy.”