October 22, 2008

Burning Questions

In my first hour, the most common question I’ve been asked is: Where are the pay phones?

(Which of course begs another question: who uses pay phones???)

The answer is tricky: half of them have been installed but few seem to work at this time. I’ve been letting folks use my cell phone. Who knew there were still people who weren’t connected with cell phones?

Posted by in T508 | Permalink | 0 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

No Comments on “Burning Questions”

• Posted by Vanessa on October 22, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Insanity!!
    I have photos of my friends standing by payphones with confused looks on their faces just to make fun of the antiquated (I thought) product.

• Posted by Cheryl Topham on October 22, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Some of us are at least a decade behind the times and don’t have a cell phone! Although, my daughters and grandkids do.

• Posted by Allie on October 23, 2008 at 12:38 pm

I’ll tell you who uses payphones. International travelers arriving from other countries. Their cell phones may not work or the charges may be cost prohibitive. There are few places where payphones are necessary airports are one.

• Posted by Johnson on October 24, 2008 at 12:25 am

Not everyone wants to pay $50+ a month to have an active line attached to their hips. Give me some peace, and get over youself that not everyone has a cell phone.

• Posted by Kc on October 24, 2008 at 12:24 pm

FYI…as of Wednesday afternoon, all 18 payphones throughout the terminal were workign wiht the sole exception of a payphone by gate 17. That was fixed yesterday, when a foriegn coin was removed.