September 22, 2008

David Neeleman at Opening – 2:12 p.m.

From standing room only to a standing ovation as JetBlue founder and former CEO and chairman David Neeleman walks in. What a moment!

Posted by in T508 | Permalink | 0 Comments | Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

No Comments on “David Neeleman at Opening – 2:12 p.m.”

• Posted by LROCA on September 23, 2008 at 12:00 am

when David walked in, everybody got chicken skin…. everybody got excited and happy to see our own JetBlue Founder . go Azul !!!

• Posted by melindawarren on September 23, 2008 at 7:25 am

So miss David. They company is not the same with out him!

• Posted by JV on September 23, 2008 at 9:13 am

THIS WAS THE MOST EXCITING DAY FOR ALL CREWMEMBERS TO SEE AGAIN THE FOUNDER OF JETBLUE WHEN HE WALKED THROUGHOUT THE THE TERMINAL.

• Posted by Tina on September 23, 2008 at 11:00 am

Unfortunately, I could not make it to the celebration, but when I saw the picture of David at the celebration, I teared up. Also to see on Fox5 News last night, that when David arrived he was greeted by the Crewmembers like a Rock Star! I’m glad he did not miss it. JetBlue would not have been had it not been for the Dream of David Neeleman.

• Posted by Patti Gilbert on September 23, 2008 at 3:01 pm

I, too, was not able to attend since I am in SLC but I was in the very first training class for Reservations back in Dec 1999. It brought tears to my eyes too to see his picture and know he was there. What a tribute to such an awesome, brilliant man! Such a down-to-earth person that would do anything for you. I agree its not the same without him but I wish him luck in his new airline as well!! Here’s to DAVID!! We love you!

• Posted by Be on September 23, 2008 at 3:48 pm

When David Neeleman walked in the terminal, unannounced, the place exploded! It was an electric feeling that flashed through the whole space and instantly set things right.

This was his great dream, his legacy, and without him showing up, it wouldn’t have been right. The way that things went down related to his JetBlue departure, even though he was grace personified about it, was wrong on so many levels that it’s felt a little bit like a heart attack occurred within the company. It didn’t kill us, but it definitely weakened the heart of our culture.

So his presence at the T5 event was like pure adrenalin. The true founding father returned, making things complete and restoring a balance that had been missing. And it’s like Tina said, people teared up with joy to see him. The only thing that wasn’t right is that they had loads of speakers from all over the place talk, but David wasn’t asked to say anything. And perhaps he preferred it that way, but it would have been nice to hear him talk to us one last time. He is a great man indeed, and we’re ALL better off because of David Neeleman, his dreams and the way he lives his life.

• Posted by Lovah on September 23, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Carol, you look HOT as usual.

• Posted by ROCA on September 23, 2008 at 7:01 pm

heyyy guys. yesterday at T5 Grand opening i asked David, what he think about us, n how he feels. and he said, he is very proud of every single crewmember, that this was his dream, and that he is deeply hurt by not being with us everyday. yes we are a very strong company, but there is something missing, and that is our creator, our dad, our founder . MR. David Neeleman . also we all wanted to hear him say a few word to us. anyways . hope he create another successful airline, and that JetBlue and Azul could become partners

• Posted by Rico TPA on September 23, 2008 at 9:28 pm

It would have not been complete without Mr. Neeleman. He is one of the reasons we have JetBlue. Thank You David Neeleman.

• Posted by Tricia on September 24, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I also in SLC could not be thre, although I wanted to be. It brought tears to my seeing you there. and I like the former posts things are not the same without you. We wish you the best in your new endeavor and love you!!!

• Posted by Kathy says: on September 24, 2008 at 5:26 pm

It was obvious how much everyone in the crowd admired & respected David Neeleman.
    He has class & poise and it must have really hurt him yesterday to not have the respected position he so deserves with this great airline. After all, it was his vision and it wouldn’t be where it is today without him. What a guy! What applause for him. David you must be able to see from the applause what your people think of you!

• Posted by julielou/tpa on September 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Mr. Neeleman I didn’t get to make the T-5 opening, but was glad to see the pictures of you having a good time….miss you here at Blue…JLou/Tpa

• Posted by Judy on September 29, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Now, if I could only get my husband to teach me Portugeuse. I’m sure you need someone with experience in your new adventure. We will continue to make JetBlue a company you can be proud of and will deal with whatever comes our way, just as you have. I’m totally confident you will be successful and hope you will be well. So, that’s Carol. Cool!