Last Updated: 12/14/2020
On the ground and in the air, face coverings are a must
As part of our layered Safety from the Ground Up program, JetBlue has implemented a face covering policy that requires all crewmembers and customers 2 years and older maintain a proper face covering (without vents or exhalation valves) during their entire travel journey. Face coverings are required inside all airport terminals and the duration of every JetBlue flight.
Your questions answered
What is a proper face covering?
Face coverings or masks must be free of vents or exhalation valves and should include the following features:
- Fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Completely covers the nose and mouth
- Is secured with ties or ear loops
- Includes multiple layers of fabric
- Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not permitted
JetBlue restricts the use of the following recreational items and personal protective equipment on all flights:
- Personal face/body tents or pods
- Personal air purifiers/refreshers or ozone generators
- Masks connected to tubing or battery-operated filters
- Any device that is prohibited by federal regulation or could put others at risk
- Plastic face shields may be worn in addition to a face covering but not in place of one
- Customers with conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering should postpone travel until face coverings are no longer required
JetBlue empowers crewmembers to determine if a face covering or supplemental device is or appears to be unsafe or does not provide proper protection, in which case customers will be provided a mask and asked to remove and store said item/device. For more information on face coverings, visit the resource page provided by the CDC by clicking here.
Who is exempt from the face covering policy?
Starting August 10, only children under the age of 2 are exempt from JetBlue’s face covering policy, and children 2 years and older must maintain a face covering. No other exemptions will be provided, and all other customers must wear a proper face covering during their travel, including at the airport, or delay their travel until face coverings are no longer required on JetBlue. To adjust your travel plans, click here.
Can I eat or drink during my flight?
Face coverings can be lowered for brief periods while eating or drinking, but they should be returned over your nose and mouth immediately after.
Can I wear a face shield instead of a face covering?
A face shield is not an acceptable substitute for a face covering for travel on JetBlue. You are welcome to wear a face shield in addition to an acceptable face covering, which should fit snugly over your nose and mouth.
I have more questions.
Please give us a ring at 1-800-JETBLUE.