Today we will cutover to Sabre as our reservations and airport functionality. Sabre is a much more robust system that will allow us to grow revenue in alternate channels, including codesharing and other airline partnerships. We expect longer lines and hold times for Customers as we gain expertise with the new system, but we have taken a number of actions to help mitigate the impact on Customers and Crewmembers, including, but not limited to:
1. We have proactively pulled down 56 flights and capped the remaining flights at 40% load factors in the morning on Jan. 30 up to 60% load factors on Jan. 31. If a Customer misses his/her flight due to long check-in times, we are well positioned to get them on the next flight.
2. We are deploying our leadership to nearly every airport location and our main Customer support center in Salt Lake City to assist Crewmembers with the transition. Leaders will help with lobby line management and will provide information to Customers.
3. We have run multiple simulations and more than 10,000 tests; when the new system is loaded and before it goes live it will undergo thorough testing by Sabre and our own technicians.
4. Furthermore, we have advised all our traveling Customers of the situation as well as all our TrueBlue members, regardless of whether they’re traveling or not.
We have been preparing for this situation for a better part of the past two years and have considered almost every possible scenario to ensure that customer impact is minimized. We expect to run into some issues over the weekend but have done everything possible to mitigate any impact.
Travel Advisory: All of our reservations and booking services will be unavailable from 12 p.m. EST on Friday, January 29 to Saturday afternoon, January 30.
If you need to book a flight or make changes to your itinerary, please do so before or after this period.
This is how you will be affected during this time:
• You will be unable to book flights or make changes to reservations. If your matter is urgent and you need to book a flight or make changes to flights during these days, you can do so at the airport.
• Online check-in will be unavailable.
• Flight status will be unavailable.
• TrueBlue transactions and account information will be unavailable.
• Reservation agents will be unable to book flights or make changes to reservations. If your matter is urgent and you need to book a flight or make changes during these dates, you can do so at the airport.
• Note that reservation agents will be on hand to answer your questions.
• Check-in and bag-drop lines will be longer during and immediately after the transition.
• We recommend that you arrive at the airport:
A. Two hours before your scheduled departure for domestic flights
B. Three hours before your schedule departure for international flights
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we make this important change to our business systems.