100 Days, 35 Ways of Caring for Puerto Rico…and Beyond
Do 2X the good by donating to hurricane relief at GlobalGiving.org/jetblue. We’ll match donations up to $500,000 through November 15.
We know that recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico won’t be a quick and simple fix, so to support both short-term relief and long-term recovery efforts, JetBlue has established a new program to help: 100x35JetBlue.
Honoring the popular reference to Puerto Rico’s 100×35 mile size, the program outlines our commitment over the next 100 days – and beyond – to launch 35 initiatives to support the urgent needs of our crewmembers and customers as well as communities in Puerto Rico.
As the largest airline on the island, with nearly 500 crewmembers living in Puerto Rico, service to three airports, and a focus city in San Juan, we are committed to not only helping provide immediate relief, but also repairing the homes, businesses and landscapes damaged by the storm. Using our strengths as an airline and guided by our mission of inspiring humanity, we are committed to making a meaningful difference, working side by side with our crewmembers and customers, to help repair the island of Puerto Rico and beyond.
What We’ve Done
Since Hurricane Maria made landfall, we have continued to serve those in Puerto Rico by donating $1 million in supplies, airlifting more than 3,000 customers from San Juan and Aguadilla as of Sept. 27, and transporting more than 100,000 pounds of supplies to the island. We also continue to support hurricane-impacted areas across the Caribbean, South Florida, and Texas.
Immediate Next Steps
We are rolling out programs across the island to offer additional airlift support, and are continuing to provide immediate assistance to the people of Puerto Rico by:
- Offering reduced fares on non-stop JetBlue operated flights for customers traveling to or from the island.
- Providing relief flights to transport emergency personnel and essential supplies at no cost.
- Deploying mainland U.S. airport crewmembers and the airline’s emergency response care team to San Juan to support local crewmembers with food and supplies.
- Inviting customers onboard every JetBlue flight to donate to JetBlue’s campaign at GlobalGiving benefitting hurricane affected-areas., with a $1 million goal. JetBlue will match donations dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 through Nov. 15.
- Developing initiatives to address unmet needs in the communities and developing long-term plans to help foster economic growth.
What You Can Do
We are calling on customers and crewmembers to help us raise relief funds for Puerto Rico.
Our partnership with GlobalGiving will distribute funds to non-profits making an impact in hurricane-affected areas. As we continue to serve these areas, we will adapt funding initiatives to ensure that we’re meeting the ongoing needs as relayed by our local partners on the ground.
With a goal of raising $1 million, we will be inviting customers onboard every JetBlue flight to donate to JetBlue’s campaign at GlobalGiving to benefit hurricane relief. You can also contribute to the fundraising goal online at GlobalGiving.org/jetblue. To support the effort, JetBlue will match donations dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 through Nov. 15.
We ask that you help raise awareness (and funds) for the recovery effort by sharing with your friends and followers using the hashtag #100x35JetBlue. Using this hashtag, we will be sharing real-time stories and updates from Puerto Rico over the next 100 days, to receive updates on efforts on-the-ground in Puerto Rico.
We’re committed to helping the people of Puerto Rico rebuild stronger than ever. We’re going to be sharing an inside look at these initiatives, and the progress we’re working for as we begin the path to rebuilding Puerto Rico over the next 100 days in 35 ways.
- Committing $1 million in-kind support to the Empire State Relief & Recovery Effort for Puerto Rico
- Offering crewmembers priority access to daily relief flights
- Providing daily relief flights for customers at reduced fares
- Providing seats on relief flights to emergency personnel, relief workers, non-profits, and military at no cost
- Offering volunteer infrastructure experts seats at no cost
- Transporting JetBlue-donated essential food items and drinking water
- Transporting JetBlue-donated power supplies including generators, batteries, flashlights
- Transporting supplies from non-profits, NGOs, and government agencies at no cost
- Transporting critical medical supplies and personnel at no cost
- Offering reduced fares on JetBlue-operated flights to and from the island through Nov. 15 to facilitate access (a)
- Waiving fees for two checked bags until Nov. 15 to and from the island (a)
- Waiving fees for carrying pets until Nov. 15 to and from the island (b)
- Offering free changes and cancellations for Puerto Rico flights booked by Sept. 17 (c)
- Inviting monetary donations from customers for JetBlue’s campaign at GlobalGiving on every JetBlue flight and online
- Aiming to raise $1 million by matching donations dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 through Nov. 15
- Partnering with Puerto Rican community leaders and influencers for awareness efforts
- Holding in-terminal and public events to bring visibility to relief efforts
- Holding fundraising efforts among JetBlue’s 21,000 crewmembers
- Deploying our emergency response Care team to support on-the-ground relief efforts
- Conducting in-person and text message wellness checks on crewmembers and their families
- Deploying crewmembers from mainland U.S. airports to accelerate the re-opening and sustained operations of Puerto Rico airports
- Holding a collection drive across JetBlue’s network for crewmembers to donate items
- Working with the Office of the First Lady of Puerto Rico on hurricane relief efforts
- Bringing care packages to local communities in need
- Supporting free meal events
- Delivering public power sources, charging and telecom stations
- Providing children’s services and supplies
- Supplying holiday gifts and meals for families
- Providing grants from the JetBlue Crewmember Crisis Fund for crewmembers to repair and rebuild their homes
- Providing protected time off to allow impacted crewmembers to attend to personal needs
- Supporting the replenishment of vegetation
- Supporting the rebuilding of airport facilities
- Providing education grants via the JetBlue Foundation
- Donating advertising space to promote tourism to Puerto Rico
- Developing a long-term plan for supporting the Puerto Rican community and fostering economic growth
DISCLAIMERS FOR RELIEF PRICING
(a) Blue Fares to and from any JetBlue U.S. city, to Aguadilla, Ponce and San Juan, Puerto Rico are capped at $135 per person, one-way from 9/19/17 until 11/15/17. Blue Fares to and from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Punta Cana, Santiago, and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic as well as St. Thomas and St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands are capped at $129 per person, one-way from 9/19/17 until 11/15/17. Blue fares only. Fares include government taxes and fees and must be purchased and used by 11/15/17 (the earlier of 11:59 PM ET or local). All fares are subject to limited availability; may not be available on all days or all flights; may change without notice; must be purchased at time of reservation; and are one-way, nonstop (except as otherwise noted), nonrefundable, and nontransferable. View details on government taxes and fees. Proper documentation required for boarding. Checked Baggage Allowance/Fees: For Blue fares, first and second checked is included. No additional bags or bags weighing over fifty (50) pounds will be accepted. Weight and size limits apply. View baggage fees and other optional services and fees. Change/Cancellation Fees: All reservations made one week or more prior to a flight’s departure may be cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours after the reservation is made. Changes and cancellations made 60 days or more prior to departure date: $75 per person fee plus difference in fare. Changes and cancellations made less than 60 days from departure date: fares under $100, $75 per person plus difference in fare; fares between $100 and $149.99, $100 per person plus difference in fare; and fares of $150 or more, $150 per person plus difference in fare. View Change/Cancel fees information. Additional Change/Cancellation Terms (all fares): For changes, there may be a fare adjustment. Cancellations receive JetBlue travel credit, valid for one year. Changes/cancellations must be made prior to scheduled departure (otherwise all money for fare is forfeited). Flight terms and conditions apply.
(b) Each flight will allow up to eight (8) pets to travel. The $100 fee for each pet, each way is waived until 11/15/17. Each customer may travel with one (1) pet per flight for $0. Subject to JetPaws terms and conditions.
(c) Customers who purchased Puerto Rico flights by Sept. 17 can rebook online in the Manage your flight section of jetblue.com or Contact Us prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. New flights must be rebooked by Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and travel must be completed by Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Original travel must have been booked on or before Monday, September 17, 2017.